High School Diploma

How to Get Your High School Diploma

It is never to late to get a school diploma. Through Vermont’s Flexible Pathways law, Act 77, any Vermont resident, age 16 to adult can obtain a high school diploma through the High School Completion Program (HSCP). CVABE offers the HSCP to adult learners in Washington, Orange and Lamoille Counties.

CVABE teachers and HSCP Plan Managers work with the student and the preferred high school to develop an individualized plan of study (Graduation Education Plan) to obtain a high school diploma. It doesn’t matter how much or little (if any) high school an individual has completed, or how old they are. We work with schools to allow “prior learning” proficiencies for certain job and life experiences.

The HSCP offers many benefits for adult learners. It gives access to free college courses through Vermont’s Dual Enrollment program, as well as Early College. The HSCP is student-centered and goal-driven and can also provide funding for job training and career and technical training programs that meet individual educational goals.

Students work with their teacher/ Plan Manager to determine the best path to a high school credential. For some, the GED may be a better option.

Click here for an overview of the different High School Credential Options.

Quick Links

Sincere thanks to the following donors who generously supported the development of this website:

image002-2-e1528912626648_94fa2dee0e629925a07db6691ddcbea7 2

The Agnes M. Lindsay Trust

The Oakland  Foundation